0

My Summer on Elba Island!

Posted on 2 agosto 2017

Hello there!
I am back from my holidays on Elba, the third largest in Italy after Sardinia and Sicily. Together with eight other islands, including Giglio, Giannutri and Montecristo, it is part of the National Park of the Tuscan Archipelago, the largest marine park in Europe.

The island of Elba is famous around the world for harboring French Emperor Napoleon in 1814 during his exile but what really makes Elba famous and renowned is its clear and blue sea and beautiful beaches

The extraordinary richness of its landscapes, both land and marine, turns the island of Elba into a unique destination in Tuscany.

During my stay (10 days) I had the opportunity to visit the whole island (I strongly recommend to rent a scooter because there are only small parking areas, plus, on a scooter you manage to get to every part of the island in very little time!).

Here below is Sant Andrea, a beach on the north west part of the island. The water and landscape were amazing! 





Here below is Laconella, I really liked it because of the fine sand and of the view that you can get if you climb some rocks behind the beach.


Here is Acquarilli! The view from above was stunning but once we followed the path to the beach we realized that there was no sand but black stones and the water wasn't clear :(


Here is Cavoli, one of the most famous beaches of the island! Amazing but often overcrowded.






Here below is my favourite beach, Le Ghiaie!
No sand but small white stones and a crystalline water made me fall in love with this place at first sight!

Bikini by BikiniCn 

Bikini by AtelierLindaElizabeth
Have you ever been on this amazing island? 
If yes, leave me a comment below or, if you are planning to visit this magical place and have any question just write it here, I would be more than happy to support you! ;)

See you soon!

Francesca

Discussion